Secure Vault allows you to store sensitive data in the associated Crypt containers. The values specified for the Crypt Variables are encrypted and can be used in the EveryStep scripts and WebView/ServerView devices. Only users with corresponding user permissions have access to Secure Vault to view and modify encrypted data.
Configuring Secure Vault
Encrypted variables are stored in the corresponding Crypt containers within Secure Vault.
The following steps explain how to configure Secure Vault and add variables to a Crypt:
- Go to Configure > Secure Vault and click New Crypt.
- Provide a crypt name and create the crypt.
- From within the crypt screen, click Add Variable.
- Specify a unique name for the variable and its value. If it’s necessary to see the variable value in a clear form, select the Unmasked Value checkbox. Only users with sufficient permissions can see the value, therefore, the value stays hidden in a script body.
- Optionally, if the variable must be used in specific web resources, provide the resource names in the Realm field.
- To use the variable only in masked fields, enable the corresponding option. For example, password variables will be applied only to the masked fields to secure sensitive data from being recorded on the video report.
- Save changes.
Encrypted variables can be added to Secure Vault directly from within EveryStep Recorder interface while script editing. For more details, see Working with Crypt Variables in EveryStep Recorder.
To use encrypted variables to setup HTTP, Rest API, WebSockets, and Streaming Media monitoring, read the Applying Crypt Variables to Request Parameters and Device Settings Knowledge Base article.