Secure Vault allows you to store sensitive data in the associated Crypt containers. The values specified for the Crypt Variables are encrypted and can be used in Web Services and Internet Infrastructure test requests and EveryStep scripts. Only users with corresponding user permissions have access to Secure Vault to view and modify encrypted data.
For Monitoring Solution, the Secure Vault manager is available from the Configure menu on the left sidebar.
For Load Testing Solution, the Secure Vault manager is available from the Manage menu on the left sidebar.
Configuring Secure Vault
Encrypted variables are stored in the corresponding Crypt containers within Secure Vault.
The following steps explain how to configure Secure Vault and add variables to a Crypt:
- Go to the Secure Vault manager and click New Crypt.
- Provide a crypt name and create the crypt.
- From within the crypt screen, click Add Variable.
- Specify a unique name for the variable and its value. If it’s necessary to see the variable value in a clear form, select the Unmasked Value checkbox. Only users with sufficient permissions can see the value, therefore, the value stays hidden in a script body.
- Optionally, if the variable must be used in the requests to specific web resources only, provide the resource names in the Realm field. If you want to use Crypt variables in Postman Collection requests, note that we currently do not support the Realm functionality for this type of request.
- To use the variable only in masked fields, enable the corresponding option. For example, password variables will be applied only to the masked fields to secure sensitive data from being recorded on the video report.
- Save changes.
Encrypted variables can be added to Secure Vault directly from within the EveryStep Recorder interface while editing an EveryStep script. For more details, see Working with Crypt Variables in EveryStep Recorder.
To use encrypted variables in Web Services and Internet Infrastructure test requests read the Crypt Variables: Encrypting Request Parameters Knowledge Base article.