In order to create an SNMP version 3 monitor, you must first create an SNMP user by selecting SNMP User under the Сonfigure menu in the top navigation.
Clicking Add SNMP User will prompt you to fill out the following information:
- SNMP V3 User Name: enter a descriptive username that you will later use to identify this SNMP user.
- Authentication: Authentication is optional. Choices include None, MD5, SHA-1. If an option is selected, additional fields will become available below.
- Authentication Password: Enter a password used for authenticating the user to the SNMP monitor.
- Encryption: Encryption is an optional field. Choices include DES TripleDES, AES128, AES192, AES256. If an encryption option is selected, an encryption password field will display below.
- Encryption Password: Enter a password used to encrypt the SNMP user traffic.