If push notifications from the Dotcom-Monitor app have been enabled, you will receive short alert messages about specific issues exposed during the monitoring process — even when the app is not open.
How to Enable Push Notifications
To enable push notifications from the Dotcom-Monitor app, follow the steps below:
- Open the Dotcom-Monitor app on your mobile device and login into your account.
- On the next step, tap Allow to receive push notifications from Dotcom-Monitor. You can customize your notification settings as you prefer in your phone settings anytime.
- Select the notification groups you want to subscribe to. Your mobile device will be added as a subscriber to the selected Notification Groups, in the Mobile Devices section.
How to Manage Push Notifications in Dotcom-Monitor Mobile App
You can manage the delivery of push notifications from within your Dotcom-Monitor account in a browser window:
- To turn off push notifications from Dotcom-Monitor on your mobile device, in the Dotcom-Monitor app, go to your account settings, and tap Allow Push Notifications to turn off the option. You will be redirected to the Notifications settings on your mobile device where you can turn off notifications from the Dotcom-Monitor app.
- To stop receiving push notifications generated for a specific group, in the Dotcom-Monitor mobile app, go to your account settings, tap Delivery Address Groups, and unsubscribe from the group.
- To pause notifications for a device during routine maintenance, use the Postpone or Alert Silence options. For more details, please see Dotcom-Monitor mobile application. Note that if you either Postpone or enable Alert Silence for a device, you will stop receiving any type of notifications (SMS, Email, Mobile App, Slack, etc.) for this device.
Note that push notifications will be also turned off in the following cases:
- A user has logged off from their Dotcom-Monitor account in a mobile application.
- The Dotcom-Monitor app has been deleted from the mobile device.
- Mobile OS settings have been reset.