Dotcom-Monitor collects certain information relative to users who visit the site and applications we monitor. This service categorizes information into certain categories and the privacy level and what we do with the information that we collect depends upon the category in which it falls.
Category I – Information on users who visit our site to read or download information on our pages. From these users, we collect and store only the following information:
- The domain name through which you gained access to our Web site;
- The precise time and date that you entered our web site.
- The URL of the web page through which you linked to our web site.
- General browsing information gathered via Google Adwords, retargeting, and search history.
Category II – Users who send us e-mail containing personal information or identifies you, or request technical support. Any information that we collect in this way is used only for purposes of responding to you and addressing the issues that you may have raised.
Any information that we collect is collected as part of our business practices in order to identify demographic information relative to users who access our site, assessing the number and type of user accessing various sections of our site, helping us determine what content and business concepts are working for us and/or are of interest to our visitors, determining technical design features and specifications and helping us assess systems performance. We also use such information in statistical form to assist us in business and marketing strategies and programs. We utilize software programs to create summary statistics which we utilize for the above purposes.
As a security measure for ourselves and our users, we utilize certain software programs to monitor traffic to our site and within our network. This software also enables us to identify unauthorized upload attempts, access to our system, and other attempts to cause damage to our systems.
Because our service is subscription-based, it may be necessary to keep your information in our database depending on the services you select. It is not our policy to sell, share or otherwise provide access to such information to any unaffiliated third parties.
Your choices and opting-out: We recognize how important your online privacy is to you, so we offer the following options for controlling the targeted ads you receive and how we use your data:
- You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads served by us: You can opt out of receiving targeted ads served by us or on our behalf by clicking on the blue icon in the corner of the ads we serve or by clicking here. Please note that, if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt out again. Further, if you use multiple browsers or devices you will need to execute this opt out on each browser or device. If you opt-out we may collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention) but it will not be used by us for the purpose of targeting ads to you.
- You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads served by us or other advertising companies. You may use the NAI opt out tool to opt out here, which will allow you to opt out of seeing targeted ads from us and from other NAI approved member companies.