The user behavior profile describes the way the system simulates a common user behavior on the website. You can customize the profile according to your device specificity.
To view a user behavior profile:
- In the device details section, expand the target header using the disclosure arrow on the task header.
- Under the Profile Details section, find the User Behavior field.
LoadView provides three user behavior profiles:
- Normal User Simulation
- Maximum Speed Simulation (for Stress Testing)
- Custom User Simulation
Normal User slows down page interaction and adds random delays between actions ((Navigating or Go To actions)) of 3 to 6 seconds.
Maximum Speed runs the test scripts as fast as possible, essentially attempting to stress the server to maximum capacity.
Custom simulates a slower user interacting with the website with the slowest page interactions and random delays between actions (Navigating or Go To actions) of 0 to 30 seconds. You can set a custom delay range for a task in the Minimum delay and Maximum Delay boxes of the Profile Details section in seconds. In case of creating a web application test using EveryStep Scripting Tool, the MouseMoveSpeed, MouseClickSpeed, and TypeTextSpeed values can be set as well.
To change a single target profile, in the corresponding Profile Details section, change available values.
To change and apply the load test profile to all included targets simultaneously:
- Click Adjust User Behavior in the upper-left corner of the device section.
- Select the profile type you need.
- In the Custom profile case, set custom parameters in the corresponding boxes or click Reset to no delay to set all the values to zero (the Maximum Speed profile).
- Click Apply.
The profile will be applied to the currently edited device.