A dashboard is a web page used to visualize current or recent data about your monitored devices. To view longer-term historical data you can set up custom reports.
Once you have created a dashboard you will want to save or bookmark the unique URL, as you can then open the dashboard from anywhere without having to log in to the system. Thus, you could share the URL with other individuals that need access to the dashboard without giving them access to edit anything in the system.
There are two types of dashboards: panels and report cards. A panel is designed to show you recent data about your monitored devices from a number of different perspectives using multiple widgets. A report card is designed to give you a more diagnostic view of your devices with the ability to drill down into the information by clicking on a specific item.
To navigate to a dashboard manager, from the Reports menu in the top navigation toolbar, select Shareable Panels or Shareable Report Cards depending on the current needs.
A Dashboard Panel is an individual dashboard that displays one or more widgets to visualize recent data and can be shared with anybody using its unique URL. Clicking on the Panels section will expand to display all existing panels, the number of widgets on each panel, the status of the panel (active or disabled), and the actions you can perform on each panel.
Website monitoring Dashboard Reports (aka Report Cards) provide live-feed reports of a monitored Device or a group of Devices. A Dashboard Report can be accessed from outside of the Dotcom-Monitor service via a unique URL. A Dashboard Report provides a summary of the Device(s), the current status of the Device(s), as well as the historical statistics of the Device(s) performance and uptime. You can choose among Performance Report Card and Status Report Card.
The actions you can perform on a dashboard include:
- Search: Enter a keyword to filter the list of panels and report cards by the panel names. You will have to expand the panels or report card sections in order to see the results.
- Edit: Opens the dashboard panel editor for the panel selected.
- Preview: Opens the panel up in a read-only view in a new browser window.
- Copy URL: Copies the URL for selected panel into your clipboard. This URL can be shared with anyone, even if they do not have a login. This allows you to send the URL to anyone that you wish to share the dashboard with.
- Reset GUID: If you wish to revoke access to a particular dashboard, you can use the reset GUID button to change the GUID in the URL. This will disable the link that you previously copied and share with others.
- Clone: This will create an exact copy of the panel you have selected.
- Disable: disables the panel so users visiting the URL will not see any data.
- Delete: Delete will prompt you to make sure you wish to delete the panel, and if you click Delete again, it will delete the panel from the system.