The Dotcom-Monitor API gives you a simple and structured way to access the powerful monitoring and load testing capabilities of Dotcom-Monitor services.
The Dotcom-Monitor API is served over HTTP/HTTPS.
The API uses JSON as a data format throughout the service, for both input and output. An app must set the Content-Type HTTP header to “application/json” only if it’s sending JSON in the request body.
All URLs referenced in the document have the following base:
- All read methods are HTTP/HTTPS GET requests.
- All write methods are HTTP/HTTPS POST requests.
- All requests require preliminary authentication.
- Requests and responses are given in JSON.
Using the API:
- Getting Started section contains an approach overview.
- API Authentication section will guide you through the authentication process.
- Methods section contains interaction methods description and JSON object examples with fields detailed overview.
- Error Handling article contains a description of how errors are being reflected.
- Code Examples section has well-commented code patterns that developers can build on.