By default, the Autoupdate and install option is enabled for a private agent (Private Agent Version Manager > Update Mode) and the version is updated automatically in case of minor updates ( Y or Z numbers were changed in X.Y.Z version number).
If the Autoupdate and install option is not enabled, run Private Agent Version Manager and update the version manually.
In case of major updates ( X number was changed in X.Y.Z version number), to update a private agent reinstall it as described below:
- Uninstall old version of Dotcom-Monitor Private Agent (Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features).
- Delete the folder “C:\Program Files (x86)\Dotcom-Monitor\Private Agent\”.
- Optionally: Delete the logs from the folder “C:\ProgramData\Dotcom-Monitor\Private Agent\Logs\”.
- Login to Dotcom-Monitor account and download a new PA version installer from Configure >Private Agents >DOWNLOAD AGENT > Private Agent Installer–DOWNLOAD or via this direct link https://user.dotcom-monitor.com/downloads/PrivateAgentSetup.exe.
- Install the new PA version. For installation steps, see Private Agent Installation.